Friday, August 28, 2009

Our new Friday Nights

Since Sophie is in preschool and apparently has "themes" each week... ( BTW, did we have theme weeks at school? I don't remember that.) I thought it might be fun to have her help me on Fridays to incorporate her theme of the week into our Friday night plans. Yeah, we are wild around here. This week's theme was colors. So, I decided to turn our dining room into a restaurant. Sophie helped me set a "fancy" table, and gather candles to create a mood romantic enough for two toddlers. Then, she got some paper and make a menu. She had to color three boxes with different colors and that is the color of the meal I would make tonight. Her appetizer color is red, so we are having tomatoes and strawberries. No, they are not together, but I want a fresh tomato and I know no one else will eat that, hence the strawberry addition. Her second color she picked was yellow. Luckily, this corresponded to the meal Lee has been hinting around to make lately, our chicken carbonara. I think even if Sophie picked the color purple we would have made carbonara work. Her third choice of color was pink, so I made a strawberry cake.

I have decided we are dressing up tonight. I told Sophie she had to wear a fancy dress and she immediately informed me her Sleeping Beauty costume was perfect for her colorful meal. Let's hope Lee gets into the spirit and gets a fancy outfit together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers