When I was younger, there were a few people we knew, either through church, family, or friends, that amazed me. They were nice people and all, but I was amazed because their houses were always a COMPLETE DISASTER. I am not talking about every now and then, but consistently the grossest place you have ever been. I know our house would get dirty some, especially if all my brothers and sister were home, but we also knew how to clean up. These people never did. And now I get it. It isn't because of kids, even though all of them had children. It isn't laziness, because they all were involved in church, school, work, etc. It is because of sewing. And after this weekend, I get it. And that is because I got an embroidery machine!!! Those ladies could sew anything. I have dolls, quilts, and clothes they all made me. Once I got over the initial shock that no food or pet hair was stuck to the homemade item, I always loved what they made me. Now, I am taking back all those comments I thought about how they didn't know what a broom was.
If you don't know how excited I am about this, just call me and you will find out. I am so extremely pumped that a) I actually got a machine, b) I got it set up without major damage to our house, my patience, and without new profanities and c) I have made a few things that I would show out in public!
Going back to the dirty house thing.... Our house is a w.r.e.c.k. It is awful. I have kept dishes washed, but other than that you can give it up! Lee and I both have been completely enthralled with this machine! Even Sophie sits in my lap and watches her name appear on her hair ribbon. It is awesome. And, I have only broke one needle! Why, you may ask, am I taking a break from it now? Well, I am online trying to find applique patterns so I can go make a bigger mess cutting out fabric and stabilizer. Seriously, it is so much fun. What are my girls doing right now? Well, Sophie is painting (yes, I am watching her... she is right behind me.) and Harper is eating cereal off the floor. And that is my cue to sweep the floor.....
No comments:
Post a Comment