Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Sophie!

I will only do this a little in this post, but I CANNOT believe my little girl is 3! It seriously seems like yesterday I was in those hideous blue Gap khakis I thought were cute (noone told me they were ugly), waddling around our house, waddling around the hospital for 36 hours of contractions 3 minutes apart, and finally seeing the absolute cutest baby ever. Sophie has changed our lives in many ways, from how we view our weekends (no sleep, more zoo) and how we view our jobs (or lack of job for me) and showing us what is important in life. Happy Birthday, my sweet, innocent, quirky, sometimes a little whiny, dancy, prissy, smart, and beautiful Sophie!

Okay, back to the non-sappy parts... Her birthday has been a BLAST! I think I truly missed my calling in life by thinking of fun things to do for kids' birthdays. I love it! I know some people may hate buying noise makers, writing invitations, and cleaning up wrapping paper, but I LOVE IT. Every single minute of it. We (well, me) originally thought it would be so much fun to have a tea party at our house. After seeing our expanding guest list, we thought otherwise. Her party was at Gymboree, and it was a blast. I will post another section with pictures (I seriously have to learn how to add pictures IN a post... volunteers to help me with that?)

For months Sophie has wanted a "racecar" like our older and cooler neighbor friend Savannah. Lee picked out her car, and it is an awesomely tacky blinged out FJ cruiser with princesses plastered all over. She is in love. We tried the low gear in driving, but went straight for fast after the second cruise. For her birthday in 2023 I suggest everyone clear the roads. The funniest part about her birthday has been her present excitement after every absence from the gifts. Whenever Sophie takes a nap, leaves the house, plays outside, etc, I have put the presents on display. They are slowly finding their homes, but for the few in the living room, I arrange them neatly. If she walks in the room to see them, she just squeals "Oh, all my gifts are all still here! yyeeaahh!"

It has been a fun weekend. Now, bring on Harper's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers