Thursday, August 27, 2009
aaahhh..... the life
Being a stay at home mom is a choice Lee and I made for our family about two years ago after much talking and prayerful consideration. I loved my job, loved my child (one at the time), and the two worlds didn't seem to mesh well with the ideas we had for what we wanted our children to experience as they grew. Some days of an at-home mom are ruthless, some days are boring, some days are laughter-filled, and some days are very trying. Today is an awesome stay at home mom day. Sophie had preschool, so I just had Harper for three hours by herself. We went grocery shopping, had some quality playtime, got a room clean during a nap, and picked up one hungry little 3-year old, who instantly told me in the car as we left carpool she missed me so much today. We have lunch of orzo and sliced cheese and strawberries, and Sophie volunteers to take a nap so she can rest her eyes for playtime later. Harper is playing independently as I lug clothes to the living room. As soon as Harper settles I plan to continue my lunch of monkey munch, fold clothes, watch some ridiculous reality show about 5 year olds being spray tanned and paraded around for a pageant, and set up our playroom for a fun art project. Seriously, about 4 years ago if you would have told me while I was writing 50 page papers for my MPA that I would love cutting letters from a magazine, I would have given you a sarcastic sneer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Margie Walters
- I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.
As much as I miss working with you (and goofing off at work with you), I absolutely know you made the right decision for your family to be a stay-at-home mom. If I'm blessed with a family of my own someday, it's my heart's desire to be able to stay home with my children as well. In the meantime, I'll try to keep up with our work "children". :)
ReplyDelete