Thursday, September 3, 2009

Random Thoughts

- Sophie and I were at Target the other day and she saw an old interview of Gene Stallings and Jay Barker. I don't recall seeing any football on, but she immediately said, "Oh, look, mommy! There is Alabama! I love Alabama!" There is hope for me yet.

- Speaking of football, I am so ready for tailgate food. I don't remember the last time Lee and I actually went to a game early enough to completely tailgate, but it had to be before we were married. However, we have not given up tailgate food. It is the only time of year that snacks and dips qualify as a complete meal as long as you throw celery in the mix. You also have to have new pajamas for the season. It is completely acceptable to change into pajamas at 3 pm and start your snack supper, but only if the temperature is below 65 degrees. We have a while, but there might be a clause that you can turn your AC down enough to justify 5 pm. I am checking on that one.

- Sophie doesn't tell us much about school. Her favorite answer to any question is I don't know. However, if you play school with her, you get the play by play of her day. For instance, today I know some kid named Nathan was line leader and was the holder of the "share bag" (their version of show and tell), and apparently the power went to his head. He hid in the puppet theatre from the teacher and got put in the thinking chair. In Sophie's version Nathan was a panda dressed in an Ariel costume. She also had goldfish but couldn't share with the boy that has a peanut allergy.... During our playtime, I was the peanut stricken child. It was a pretty interesting role play.

1 comment:

  1. Come by the office tomorrow--we are having lunch and everyone's supposed to bring their favorite tailgating food! Knowing our crowd I am sure we will have PLENTY of grub if you and the girls want to join us.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers