I used to run. A lot. In college, on summer breaks, on vacation, on treadmills, at the beach. I loved running. I loved the high you felt after you broke that wall that running hard can do to your lungs. I loved waving at people in cars passing by as I was sweating to pieces. It made me run faster. I loved stretching my legs after a long run and feeling the release of my calf muscles. I also loved doing races and the bagels and bananas after the race, and the new t-shirt, and the feeling of stopping for gatorade at the closest gas station after the race and saying, "oh, yeah, I just finished the ____ 5k. Yeah, my time was good..."
Why am I telling you all this? Well, I am sort of just telling myself this and hoping to inspire myself once again. I want to run again. I have had this minor setback in life called pregnancy and babies and I want to be able to feel the freedom of running again. I still work out about three times a week on weights and the elliptical and spin classes, but it isn't the same as running. I don't know why it has taken me this long to decide I want to run again. If you talked to my sister, she would laugh if she knew I used to love running. We used to run races together while I was in college. Halfway through EVERY race I would look over at her and express my extreme distaste for running. Of course, the following Tuesday when she would mention the upcoming race on Saturday, we would ride to the nearest sign up location and pay our money.
I don't know.... maybe I am just a glutton for punishment. Or, maybe I want to complete my life goal of completing a big race. We will see what happens!
I LOVE that song too! It's a great pump-you-up song!
ReplyDelete