Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fair Time!

Around the first of September, I start to listen for the tacky commercials that desperately need to be redone. I start to find old jeans and socks and stash them away. I wait for the first touch of cool weather, and I know it is soon. It means the fair is not far off!



I absolutely LOVE the fair. I love everything about it: the smells, the rides, the exhibits, the long walk to the car, the carnies, everything. Now that we have girls that kind of get the whole fair scene, I love it even more. 



Our fair is in town this week, and I casually mentioned to Lee Monday night that hey, if we want to try to go this year, that maybe Tuesday night won't be so bad and we could go for a few hours. I am sure he knew that WEEKS ago I had already planned that Tuesday night, we were headed to the fair whether he liked it or not. By 5:00 pm that afternoon, girls were up, dressed, and waiting at the door, and we hit the road just as Lee pulled in the driveway.


We have to eat at the fair. If you know me, you know I don't eat fried food, rarely let my girls eat fried food, and there always at least one veggie and fruit on their plate. I don't like buffets, or "festival" food, but I love the fair. It is something about the batter and watching people with the most awesome mullets you have ever seen make you crave a corn dog. So, after our corn dog, funnel cake, and candy apple, we hit the rides and games. (just so you know, I did sneak an orange into the girls' meal that night.)



Now that we have had our fair night and got our fill of grease and games, it is officially fall. 












  





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers