After a few minutes of getting the girls dressed, Sophie asked me about Lee's job, and I explained in a 3-year old understanding that daddy makes streams and mommy keeps she and her sister healthy and smart. Of course her job is to be 3 and watch her sister. According to Sophie, Harper's job is to poop and smile. I think we all need a raise, because everyone is doing excellent at their tasks around here.
Monday, October 19, 2009
401 k's
Sophie's latest fun thing is being assigned jobs. I am not sure why, but if you tell her that eating a certain food, or coloring, or bathing is her job, she is diligent until her task is complete. So you know I have definitely taken advantage of that. This morning we were all getting ready for the day and I had to run to the other side of the house to get a diaper. Harper is at the stage in life where I am her hero( it isn't as cool as it sounds) and hates to see me leave the room unless hero #2 (Sophie) is close by. I assigned Sophie the job of watching Harper and keeping her happy while I walked away. And, as the typical first-born pleaser that she is, she kept the room happy and peaceful until I returned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Margie Walters
- I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.
Margie! That's a great story! haha I bet you'll like it when her job is "picking up toys" or "sit here and be good!" haha!
ReplyDelete