Monday, November 30, 2009

Something with Ground Beef....

The holidays are over, at least for a week.  Thanksgiving was wonderful this year.  We hosted my family at our house, which was a Thursday evening of turkey, dueling dressings, cakes straight from a Southern Living magazine, and giggling children filling up on rolls.  Friday was more of the same, with a little shopping, a trip to Build a Bear, game day snacks, and a game too close for comfort.  Saturday and Sunday were spent cleaning the house, decorating, drinking hot drinks and telling new-again Christmas stories from books out once again.

Today?  Well, today is back to reality.  We always put SO much into the Thanksgiving weekend.  It is probably my favorite time of the year... all the great food, gearing up for Christmas, etc, that I put tons of effort into everything we do.  So, this week of nothingness around our house will be a definite change.  For starters?  Got any recipes I can make for supper that involve frozen lean ground beef, beef broth, and some carrots?  Yeah, it is going to be that week around here...  I am grocery-stored and menu-planned out.  And I will probably love every minute of it!  


3 comments:

  1. I still gotta call you! I seriously meant to call before Thanksgiving, but that didn't happen ... Have you and Lee seen BlindSide yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah - and for recipes ... vegetable soup!! Yummm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, we LLOVVEEEDDD the Blind Side. It was awesome! I need the book now!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers