Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Being Thankful

It is quite fun to explain thankfulness to a three year old.  You can't get too deep on the matter, but you do want to skim the surface so she can have a little understanding of Thanksgiving besides a really fun parade to watch.  

I have been working with Sophie in our art time this month (yes, we have art time.  call me a nerd, but she loves her art, I love painting, so it works for us.) on thankful projects.  We talk about being thankful for family, and draw a picture of us.  Or, write the number 4 and I write things she really likes around it.  I guess this has finally kicked in.  The other day we were out on one of our wagon rides/flower/weed picking adventures, and I noticed Sophie just stopped and bowed her little head.  I thought we were on the verge of a serious meltdown (hers usually start with a head tuck, fyi) so I cautiously asked what was the matter.  She told me she had to stop and thank God for a particular flower, because it made her day so much better.  I think she gets it better than me now.

2 comments:

  1. Margie Walters!! That is such a sweet story! Don't ever forget that story! What a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how sweet! Both your girls are precious. Amazing how much kids can teach us!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers