Thus begins the lesson on seasons changing and new focus. I tried to explain to her how seasons pass each year and we look forward to the next season in life with excitement, and remember the past things as fun things we have done. Even though Halloween was SO much fun and we love our costumes, we have to have just as much excitement for the next season and what it may bring. I think we as adults need to remember that childlike lesson. I especially need to remember this lesson.
There are a lot of changes happening it seems. Our church seems to be having many changes, many which we don't understand. Growing up as a preacher's kid, you learn church politics are TOUGH. Also, even though I have been a sahm mom for almost two years( I STILL cannot believe it has been that long), it has been a major change in my life. I finally cleaned out my closet the other night. The days of fancy pants, cocktail dresses, and even suits from the first job I had were still hanging in the front, like I would put them on the next morning. (First of all, I have birthed TWO babies since I fit in those beautiful suits, so there is NO way I will get that 23 year old body back, and second, I must have liked showing leg then as well....) Even when kids are in school, I think my life may take me down a different path than I will ever have experienced, and suits won't be involved. But, just as we are telling Sophie, look forward to the new seasons with excitement, and let the past fun you have had be great memories, and not dwell on your past. I think this has been on my mind because I get somewhat frustrated at not completing goals during the week that I try to do. As in previous jobs, I usually had a mental idea of what I should complete that particular week at work. Being the teacher's pet I am, I always finished my job. This week, I have had a few shirts I wanted to do, a house I wanted to clean, and a few projects I want to do. So what if one of those projects was to polish my toes, it was still a project I wanted to do. Did ANY of this get complete? HECK NO. Between ear infections, teething, napless days, and phone calls, I have nothing to prove for this week. When I explained my goal-less week to Lee, he quickly pointed out that I don't work for anyone anymore except our sweet girls, and to stop this "I must get things done" mentality. I am out of that season of life for now. And as Sophie completed her art yesterday, I realized I am definitely in a great season of life.
These are just two of the seasons that seem to be happening in our lives right now. I think Lee was SO excited to see my closet cleaned out. Honestly, the boy has more shirts than I ever dream to have, so he gets a little more closet space now.
By the way, I TOTALLY digressed what I sat down to write. It was more of a thankfulness entry about cute kid-like sayings. I will save it for later.
No comments:
Post a Comment