So it was a beautiful Pre Valentine's Weekend. We had a fabulous four year old superhero birthday party to attend, where all the kids were given capes and turned magically into superheroes. The girls had a blast, and we discovered how much our kids miss their playset in the backyard... they were swinging at any free moment in the party!
Today we tried a church for the second week in a row... a record for us these days! For the record, I don't think we will ever find a church we loved as much as Frazer and our old class! I hope in about six months I am laughing at this post, but it is pretty comical now how many churches we have ruled out lately. Anyway, we went back to this particular church again. It is very small compared to our previous place, and people actually make prayer requests during church. Well, people were announcing ailments and praises while Sophie sat beside us, quietly waiting for childrens' church to be dismissed while playing with her tag along Miss Bunny. Miss Bunny has been around for about a year and is a little of a security blanket for her. So, she was just sitting there and someone announced that Miss Jane Doe, aka "Miss Bunny" as everyone in the church knew her, was having emergency surgery. Lee and I just glanced at each other wondering is Sophie heard. Well, our question was quickly answered as we heard a loud "HAH! Miss Bunny??? They are praying for my bunny!" I think only a few around heard, but I think they saw she had a bunny in her hand and hopefully figured it out.
Lee also surprised me this weekend and we went to a wonderful spa afternoon and had massages. Because of the growing baby, I needed some work! And Lee is always in need of massages with his crazy back. It was a great four hours of hot tea, massages, quiet rooms, and a pleasant trip to the grocery store for Valentine's essentials of balloons, lobster tails, and chocolate for tomorrow. The girls got a fun visit from their Huntingdon babysitter who always thoroughly wears them out and leaves us with kids who ask for bed... score!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Margie Walters
- I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment