Sophie looks a LOT like her daddy, but she definitely proved my brain genes are present. Specifically, her ability, or lack there of, to decipher song lyrics. I have a long history of misquoting songs. Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Til You Get Enough usually has an extra word or two. Dixieland Delight took me on a road trip from Viriginia to Huntsville to fix the wrong words. The other members of my family have similar issues. My sister used to sing the hymn at church "Baby I'm Constrained to Be" instead of the more appropriate word "Daily".
Today we were taking our daily jaunt into town and listening to Christmas music. Since she has learned several popular songs the past two years she was telling me which songs she knew and was singing along. Finally one came on she apparently just decided was her absolute new favorite. She said "Oh, mommy. This song is my favorite favorite song. Walking in the Winter on the Land is SUCH a good song. It makes me ready for Christmas." I didn't have the heart to correct her. Maybe next year.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Margie Walters
- I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment