Friday, December 3, 2010

Starting the Holidays

So, the past few weeks have been a crazy time in our, well, NOT house. We sold our Crestwood Lane house and had to move. Lots of fun times the week of Thanksgiving! But, it was done, we spent six nights in five different places as we had no furniture in our house, went to visit family, came back to Montgomery, then finally have landed at our home for the next three weeks at Lake Martin.

However, once we got to our new residence as they prepare our new house things have been easier. We got to announce our big news of a new baby due late June, find out another niece or nephew is on the way, and we can finally celebrate the future we have coming to us! Of course, with our girls, Christmas is a BIG deal. We had to bring a little tree to the lake to decorate, and Scooby the elf found us to much glee!

Tuesday we decided we should attempt a gingerbread house.... The best the house looked was still in all that wrapping in the box, because we slaughtered the poor thing, but had a blast!

Sophie picked out the kit based on the candy inside. A girl of my own genes...




One of the two worked really hard at making a pattern on the house, while the other filled her cheeks and now and then would put a banana on the house, because she didn't like the bananas. You guess who is who.





The finished product. Unfortunately, this is probably the best house we have ever made. Maybe next year I will just find a bakery and have one pre-assembled and claim it.




1 comment:

  1. Margie- I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats! Wow I guess I should have read this blog a lot more. I didn't realize you were moving and all this stuff going on. Sounds crazy but exciting for you guys.

    Kirstin Nelson

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers