So, I have had a song stuck in a head, along with Christmas songs... that final Countdown song! ( If I was clever I would put music on my blog and have it playing, but that takes effort... ehhh...) We are down to HOPEFULLY 6 days in transition mode until we get to close and move to our house in Spanish Fort! Words cannot describe how READY we all are to be in our house with our stuff... our pillows, our build a bears, our cups, our plates, our TV, our towels, well, you get the idea. The past few days of driving back and forth to make commitments and Christmas events has honestly worn us out. Today was the breakthrough moment I knew we would have, but now that hopefully our "oh my gosh I don't know how much more I can take" moment has passed, it will be up hill from now.
So- to make me appreciate our last week in Montgomery, I have a list of things I will miss:
- ELREY- Who cannot resist El Rey and the basic bean, pintos, with sun dried tomato wrap and mango tea? oh my, I will miss this meal so much. It was a staple my Senior year of college, and has been since then.
- Huntingdon- This school brought me here, and seeing Flowers Hall everytime I drive up College Street always reminds me of some college memory, good or bad. I loved my time there... it helped me become a strong person. AUM was a great Master's program with awesome professors, but it doesn't hold a candle to picnics on the Green, knowing who you pass on the way to class, or a graduation service more beautiful than others.
- Jalepenos- Not because I love the food, but this is where Lee and I first met over trading our favorite parts of birthday cake. That boy gave me his icing. I knew then it was meant to be.
- Frazer- I cannot say ENOUGH about Frazer or the people there. LOVE our Sunday School, LOVE all our friends, LOVE all the children workers, and LOVE the preschool. It honestly is the one thing that almost kept us from moving. That says a lot about the people we have grown to love there. We have been challenged to do things we not normally do by some strong individuals, and we hope we find this type of family in our new area! It will be tough to replace...
- Swim times- Although I know we will have access to beaches down there, you can't beat the good ole' YMCA and Deer Creek pool. Always a buddy to swim with, always a Capri sun to share, and always a mom to talk to while kids swim.
There are WAY more things, but this is my list for now. Talking about El Rey has given this baby a craving... I need to catch Lee before he heads up to the Lake!
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Margie Walters
- I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.
We will miss you too! I'll be praying for an easy, as hassle-free-as-possible move and settlement for all of you. And maybe you'll find a replacement El Rey down there. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see pictures of your new house finished up! We will miss you but are so excited for you!
ReplyDelete