Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Worrying" from a three year old

Today Sophie and I had some girl time as I drove her to a classmate's birthday party. She was extremely excited because not only had she forgotten about the birthday party, but it was such a pretty afternoon after a rainy morning. She was so busy talking and moving to new topics before I could chime in on her questions that my head was spinning. But, we got one great conversation in.

Sophie: Hey mommy, you know what? I am going to quit worrying about myself. (sidenote: Sophie is often told to 'worry about yourself' when she gets preoccupied with others and shows signs of tattletale-ness, if that is a word)

Me: Really Sophie? If you don't worry about yourself, what are you going to do? Because you know you need to keep yourself in order.

Sophie: No, mommy. I think Jesus is going to worry about me. I think Harper needs some help.


I am glad she has the wonderful faith of a child that she is completely unconcerned about herself. I am also completely worried that Harper is going to not get away with anything from a big sister who is now whole heartedly on her case! Either way, it was a cute conversation.


Oh- she also pointed out that a waitress at lunch was a "clown" pretty loudly (she did have VERY bright white hair teased crazy. We all thought it, though none spoke up. ) She also asked a checkout lady how she got purple hair. Sophie wants purple hair, it is her favorite. So, Jim N' Nicks and JoAnns are out of my rotation for a while.

1 comment:

  1. HIL-ar-ious!!! Yeah - poor Harper. You're going to know her every move! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers