Friday, March 19, 2010

A look on a Crisis

I think I am hitting the quarter life crisis. Since 20 is the new 30 and I am 32, I reasoned today that some of my actions are now justified. Here are a few random happenings:

- I got excited, and I mean EXCITED, today because I got a deal on swiffer dusting/febreeze stuff. I got two cans, regularly $8.25, for $2.00. How lame is that?

- On the contrary, I went to cash in a free trip to the tanning bed and contemplated joining for two months to get my "base tan". Those words haven't crossed these lips since my junior year in college as I readied for Mardi Gras Ball season and spring break. Let's clarify that my base tan is about the saddest pale you have seen, but still.... (By the way, I did not join the tanning bed, because a) I know it is terrible for you and b) I thought of what material I could buy to sew shirts with that money. Oh the thoughts in my head.)

- I stopped a girl in a store today because she had these shoes I have dreamed of. They weren't flashy or spunky at all. In fact, they could only be described as "sensible" by both the woman and myself. But I loved them! They could go with both shorts, jeans, and sporty skirts! Never would I stop someone to admire their sensibility in shoes. But I did! If you see me in capris, make me stop....

- On another contrary, I have my Easter Dress I bought at Market last year because the designer told me how he made the dress for shapes like mine. I love it! However, it is the flashiest dress, and I am now on the search for a neutral sweater to tone it down.


I think that best way to sum this up is that I need a good haircut and a trip to Ann Taylor, and maybe my flightiness will settle soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers