1- Let your husband do your shopping every once in a while. It happens quite regularly that my closets seem to eat all my good clothes and I have nothing to wear. I have given Lee free reign a few times to pick up a shirt or dress for me, and it OFTEN surprises what he brings home. His view of my style is awesome! I may not like what he brings home on the hanger, but it usually fits perfectly and are usually some of my favorite pieces. I, however, do not have that luck. Things I pick out for him are usually returned with mutual agreement that they are NOT working on him.
2- It is okay to go to bed angry. I know, this is so against all those Hallmark cards. However, in our marriage, it works. I can literally count on one hand the times we have fought. And that is because we don't sit down at night and dwell on situations. Things I may be irritated with at 8 pm seem petty the next morning when we have had some cool down time. If we hashed out every irritation, it would be much different. Once one of us just realizes and accepts that we are okay with our differences on a situation, we move on. Plus, when we go to bed late it is never good for the under eye circles.
3- Not everyone loves holidays like I do. Just because I am a Halloween, Christmas, and Easter junkie, doesn't mean Lee's inability to tear up when he sees the mini eggs at Target means he isn't excited. This one was hard to accept. When the girls came along I am in go mode with any holiday. Lee is a big fan of holidays, but he will never reach my level of enthusiasm. That is a difference in us, and it is okay to have differences.
4- I can't compete with Auburn football. We are a definite mixed family, and as much as I try, I won't ever be as big of a sports fan as he. That's okay. I love Alabama football, but if Auburn and Alabama are playing at the same time, Lee will get the bigger TV. If (oops, I mean WHEN) Alabama wins their next championship, I will probably watch the game by myself, again. It is just something about boys and their teams.
5- I am amazed at what happens when love is present. I think we both have so much respect, faithfulness, and respect for each other because of our love. Seriously. I am amazed at what Lee does for me, and I am honestly been amazed at what I want to do for him.
So sweet Margie!!! So glad you wrote this. Esp. nice to see #2 because so many times, I'm just mad because I'm TIRED! :) Happy Anniversary to you two!! :)
ReplyDeleteMe too! When I get tired I either get very giddy or grumpy, so it would lead to some "disagreements". Thanks!
ReplyDelete