Thursday, February 25, 2010

Conversations in our house


The girls are slowly but surely getting over their "crud". We had one full night of sleep in the last week, and you forget how nice 8 hours of sleep is! Yesterday was our day we play around the house and chill in the morning, and you can usually tell on those days how everyone feels. With the amount of playing in our house, the girls are back!

Both Sophie and Harper are bursting with little conversations these days. I have to email Lee the best ones during the day so I don't forget to share. Here are my favorites:

Sophie-
We have an Elf during Christmas named Scooby. He is long gone, obviously, but the weight his presence carries must be big. Yesterday we were finger painting. Both were doing so well that I left the room to clean some brushes. Sophie followed a few minutes later and said "Hey mommy, can Scooby still see me?". I quickly said yes, not knowing where this was going. She put her head down and walked away. I followed her and asked why. She said "Well, I had a FUN idea, but if he is watching, I better not do it."

Harper-
Harper must take the family singing genes. We have talented singers on both sides of our family, though neither one of us sing outside the car. Harper sings all the time! I don't remember Sophie ever singing much at this age. Only when really prodded would she even do motions. I constantly hear Harper whistling and singing her favorites, Itsy Bitsy Spider and the 'whole world' song. The other night before dinner Sophie sang our blessing. Much to our surprise, Harper joined in! She also dances tons. Her personal best dancing song is Harry Belafonte "Jump in the Line". I can't wait for this little girl to join a dance class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers