So, our house is a wreck. What's new, right? I truly have had the best of intentions on keeping it as clean as it was New Years' weekend when I had a husband round the clock for four days as an entertaining assistant. All the clothes were folded, art stuff was put up after its use, and beds were made every day. Is that normal in your house, for this stuff to be done? I think it used to be when I was single, or a newlywed, or extremely pregnant and in that nesting stage. Right now, the norm in our house is to panic when someone mentions they "might" drop by because I know that means I must quickly find a candle, the light dimmer, and an empty laundry basket to deposit the stuff I can't deal with at that moment.
This week I made a VOW to clean every day. Since Sunday I have failed miserably at this task. MISERABLY. It isn't really my fault, but things come up. Fun people stop by, someone needs some help with their children, I want to talk to my husband, people get hungry... you know, things. I was really over it by today. Then today I had this fun moment which made it better.
It has been so cold and the girls needed to play hard to get some energy out of their system. Sophie loves hide and seek, and Harper is starting to understand as well. I was looking for the girls, and they found this GREAT spot:
Good thing I have had no time for laundry!
No comments:
Post a Comment