So, I am sure no one reads this anymore, but since I started this blog to keep track of our family events, I am going to try to do a better job of recording our history! So here is my first attempt at doing that... and what a BIG event it was!
Sophie graduated Kindergarten! As you can tell by the picture below, she was in good hands this year with a teacher that truly loved her and her classmates.
This year she has learned to read, subtract, eat snowcones without spilling much on her, run fast in PE, eat cafeteria food, ride a bus, play on the computer, and many other useful life skills. She has figured out that if you keep your shirt tucked in and your bow straight and are polite teachers really like you. She has had a great experience with sweet, normal kids in her class. She has a few she talks about more than others, but for the most part she genuinely likes and plays with all the kids in her class.
I will probably tear up next year when we walk past all the other first kid in school parents as they meet the sweet, sweet kindergarten teachers our school has, and we turn left on the primary hall towards the first grade classrooms. But THIS year, we have had a ball!

Thank you so much for your posts. You are wonderful at catching the moment and allowing us to see our babies take steps we might miss.
ReplyDeleteBebe