So today Sophie asked could I help her find bugs. Uh, new question for me. I often look for butterflies, but she has a new love for bugs. Apparently her unit of learning on bugs has got her with a new hobby. We gathered aphids(sp), which are the white parts of grass. Bugs like them best. Then we grabbed our nets and tromped through our woods. We got 8 spittle bugs, one little fly and a bonus FROG. Yes, FROG. And I encouraged it. I saw it on the tree, helped stalk it, and ran inside for an extra container for him.
All was fine for a while. I mean I will never discourage an interest, even if it grosses me out. She may the next scientist in the family. However, a few moments ago I noticed all our animals were still on the kitchen bar and I asked her to let them go. She quickly got up and let them go. In the house. I didn't stay around long enough to see where everything went. My voice hurts from the screaming. As of now only one spittle bug is unaccounted for. And Harper keeps asking if there is a bug on her head! Ugh. I really hope the next learning unit is back to rocks, or flowers or something.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Margie Walters
- I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment