Monday, March 12, 2012

Alive and Kicking~


This little girl in the cute hat has been keeping us busy! So busy I haven't had time to blog.....
And these two are just as busy! Between Mardi Gras, Dr. Suess Day, ballet, gymnastics, and life in general, there is not much time to stop. But there are a few things I want to remember in a few years so I better write things down!
Sophie had Dr. Seuss Day, and although she is a dead ringer for Cindy Lou Who, she wanted to be red fish/ blue fish. We had a blast getting her costume together, and she loved the way she looked. She got to speak into the microphone and welcome all the parents to their Kindergarten program. It was a big day for her!
- Camille is a busy bee. She is doing her own style of military/elbow crawling, and puts anything that isn't nailed down into her mouth. Just today I pulled a lite brite piece, a leaf, a cotton ball, and a whole strawberry out of her mouth. She has eight teeth, says mama and uh-oh, and is just starting to sleep through the night! She will be my little tag along to all her sisters' functions, and she is getting lots of practice lately with our busy weeks. As long as there is noise and someone is close she is a happy camper.
-Harper has been hilarious lately. She is in a two year old program at church two days a week and you would think it was the best thing ever. She gets a "G"every day (or so she says), does art, and has discovered that all the little tracing games we play can actually lead to writing letters! It is so funny that when Sophie sits down to do her homework Harper has to have some too. Oh, how one day that will change!
Because it is Lent, we are in that time where you give something up. Well, Ash Wednesday I took all my games off my phone, and put up the IPad. Sophie was looking at my phone and asked where they were. I told her I gave them up for Lent, which of course made her ask questions. After I told her what it was about, she said she wanted to give something up too. She chose candy. When I told her it was for 40 days, she looked at me funny. I left her alone for a while and she came back to me and if Jesus was only dead for 3 days, how come she had to give up her candy for 40 days!! And when Sophie asked Harper what she was giving up her answer was consistent.... I love Jesus and he loves Me..... Well, at least they are talking about Easter, even if they don't have all the facts right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers