Monday, May 23, 2011

Before I forget...

I have some great pictures from Sophie's Preschool Graduation, but I needed to write these down before I forgot!

- Sophie's new favorite word is "delish"... as in "these strawberries are delish!". I have NO CLUE who in her life uses this word instead of delicious. It is really cute, but I can't figure out why it has made it into her vocabulary.

- Last night Harper and Lee had a night together while Sophie and I went to my neice's ballet recital. Lee said he and Harper were playing in the playroom and Harper all of a sudden jumped up, told him she needed to be a cowgirl, and to sit still and wait. She ran out of the room, fumbled around in her bedroom for a while, and came back a few minutes later completely decked out from head to toe with boots, hat and cowgirl skirt. That is her first time to really figure out what dress up person she wanted to be all by herself. Usually she has help from her older sister. And so it begins....

- With summer here and fresh veggies coming into the house, we are really encouraging everyone to try new foods. The other night I cut up a cucumber and put a little on everyone's plate. The girls tried it and didn't like it one bit. Sophie told me that maybe those tasty bugs that live in her mouth and fly around to help eat the food didn't like the taste of the cucumber yet, so give them a few weeks and try again. She was close on her logic! For the record, I am the only one of the four of us who actually ate my cucumber. Did I mention that is a flourishing plant in our garden? Anyone need any cucumbers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers