So another fun Mother's Day has passed. This will (hopefully) be my last Mother's Day as a pregnant mommy, because frankly, I am over the belly. We will get to that in a bit.
The weekend started off great with a little performance by Sophie at her school's art show. She has been talking about this show for weeks with all the works of art she has been creating. It was cute to see her sing and just BEAM when she got to sing her Mothers Day songs. The day just got better as their Bebe and Poppie took the girls for the afternoon, and I had some time to get a pedicure, eat sushi (the cooked rolls only) and finish up some thank you notes. After a great dinner with friends, the weekend just kept getting better!
Now, what I need to remember next year.... I took both girls on errands during the week to pick up gifts for my mom and Lee's mom. Sophie was with me when I went to pick out books for my mom. She is way into reading these days, which is great for me because I love to pick out books! Harper went with me to get Lee's mom a cute Iphone holder and a candle for my mom. Well, Sunday morning rolls around and I have to act asleep while I hear scampering for someone to find something to fix for breakfast. When the door opens, both girls are SO excited to bring me my gifts. What do they get me? Exactly what I got my moms! Lee didn't realize it when he took them on Saturday that they were just mimicking what I had bought. He told me they knew exactly what to pick out for me when he asked them what I needed. Next year I need to remember this, it could REALLY work to my advantage!
It is fun being a mommy to little kids. Harper kept singing Happy Mothers Day to me, and Sophie made me draw hearts in her hand all day because she wanted to show everyone I loved her. And, as a rare treat, around 6:30 last night my current baby crawled in my lap and fell asleep until 8:00 pm. It was a little difficult breathing, and there is now way I would want to have triplets after having additional weight added to the already huge expansion of a belly, but it was nice to have the cuddles.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Margie Walters
- I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment