Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oh, the week is over!

Okay, this week has truly been such a comedy of errors! Lee had his back surgery Thursday to correct a pinched nerve that has been hurting him for over 16 months. I think we tried every other attempt at correcting this situation before going under a knife, including standing on his head ( need an inversion table? we have a slightly used one!). Taking on this surgery was a necessary thing to get him back healthy, but with two toddlers, one 3/4 baked baby and many "new house" chores in the works for spring, a little stressed feeling came over us. I am NOT one to dwell in things I can't control, so the surgery was way outta my hands. I also try not to stress over silly things. But last night was the breaking point. I either had to laugh or cry at our "situation" we are currently in. I chose to do both at the same time, while riding in the car barely seeing ( I will get to that later). So, instead of having a pity party, we decided to make a sarcastic thankful list. It was quite hilarious, with a urine soaked toddler who was trying to potty train and had an accident on the way to Chick Fil A, a husband with no appetite but needing to eat, and a tired wife who is acting like a nurse, but does not have that nursing gene. - I am thankful for dirt. For over three weeks we have been trying to get dirt delivered to finish a little raised veggie garden project. We have called over and over to two companies, begging for our little delivery of dirt. Monday, three days before "cut day", pulls in a DUMP TRUCK full of dirt. Needless to say, Lee and I both shoveled dirt for about two hours a piece, against both doctors' orders. However, now that we still have 7/8 of the dump truck dirt, we can get more of our yard sodded! Score for us! - I am thankful for a safe neighborhood. Why, you ask? Well, when your garage door flips out at 11 pm and will no longer function and your garage is full of attic stuff, it is nice to know that burglars are rare. - I am thankful for girls scared of vacuums. Again, why? Well, Lee decided to give me one last reprieve from mopping (considering he can't do that movement for 3 months, and it usually sends baby into contractions). While doing so, my Shark, my saving grace for the floor, built up too much steam and flew across the room in a literal hot mess. If anyone had been in the path of that, another ER trip would be in our books. - I am thankful for sunglasses. Because, when you lose a contact and your eye looks like you have done serious drugs and you have to hold a paper towel over your eye so your legally blind self can drive your family home (Lee can't drive for three weeks), it isn't as noticeable. - I am thankful to speak English only. If I understood Vietnemese, I would probably know how much fun those ladies at the salon were making fun of my cankles Saturday afternoon when the girls and I took a few hours for girl time. Lee is doing great with his surgery. He was very sore the first day, which we all expected. He hasn't taken any muscle relaxers today, which is a big step in knowing the worst pain is over. He is on serious restrictions for three weeks ( the doctor even said no laundry!! I personally think he paid for that order) then he has to take it a little slow for three months. After that, he will start some physical activities to strenghten core muscles. I am hoping these activities include lifting car seats and children, because we have three months before I am out of the help aspect with a new baby arriving.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! We have stuff going on too...but you win! I'm glad you see the "bright" side of things. Hope this week goes better. Lee is in my prayers as are you! See you in a few weeks at your Fab baby shower.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers