Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to Harper

See that chubby cheeked baby above? She turned two yesterday! I know we say it all the time, but seriously, I JUST had her! I remember that first day of her life where the nurses loved her cheeks and made that cute hospital hat with the bow. They told us she was definitely a stylish baby, and they pegged her right! Harper is such a fun kid. Because she has a great example as a big sister, she picks up on her numbers and ABCs faster than other kids. She loves to dance, sing, and do somersaults. She has a strong personality, and she can be crying one minute and joking with you the next. We love our little Harper, and she definitely brings so much fun into our lives. She can't wait to be as big as Sophie so she can sing in choir and do ballet, but still doesn't want to walk an inch and won't give up her pacifier. I think secretly Lee and I don't help those things at all, we just love that snuggle we get when we walk down the street. If you need a hug one day, pick Harper up and start walking, and wait for the reward. It is awesome.

We had a little family party last night, just the four of us. She got to eat cake, and blow out candles, and open gifts from us. Her favorite is this baby that cries and babbles. It hasn't left her side... she is definitely a little mommy. Of course, at 3 am I hear her yelling "mommy, she crying! stop baby! she crying!". (note to self, turn baby to off when sleeping with Harper). She got a bunny rabbit that plays hide and seek with you. As soon as I finish writing this, we have at least an hour of hiding in front of us. Saturday is her big party with family, and we are doing a caterpillar theme. She has no clue what is happening, but I think that little smartie will figure out this party thing really fast!

One more funny thing about her big sister. Yesterday was fireman day at school. I got the run down from Sophie. I will try my best to make this sound like her---- "Mommy, today a man came that goes to fires. He had on one outfit, then he changed a to bbiiiggg outfit to get hot in. If we get sick or something at home he would come in the little outfit and give us medicine. If I need to call him, I call 1-1-9. or if I don't get them there I would just call 4-1-1." I tried to help this along and actually get her to remember 911, in case we ever did need it. She couldn't for the life of her get it right. She knows our address and two cell numbers, but not 911. She did, however, get 411 every time. Since that is the number for information, I figured someone would help her out. So, if you work for information, and get a call from this sweet little voice that can't say her /L/ sound properly, head our way!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Harper's two already either! Both your girls are such cutie-pies. Bring them by the office SOON! We need to get our Sophie and Harper-time as much as possible before y'all move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Harper! Oh how much I love picking her up...I wouldn't encourage walking either. She is such a loveable baby.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers