Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A few Wednesday Things

I don't have anything really exciting to share, but better keep this thing up to date, so here goes!

Our morning routine-
I love our after breakfast/before the day time.  It usually goes like this: Sophie inhales her breakfast. (She gets that from me.  I am ravage hungry in the morning, and must eat.  And have caffeine.)  Once she is done, she asks in this quiet, sweet voice may she PLEASE play with Harper, it has been all night since they played. (And yes, it is that sweet.)  I clean them up, and off they go.  Usually it involves Dora or Toot and Puddle on TV to complete their alone play time, but that is fine with me.  I have 20 minutes in the morning to drink coffee, read my news, sit, etc, while they play.  Occasionally Harper has to come find me and check on my location, but for the most part they love their  "alone time" as much as I do.  We are currently on minute  12 of their time, so I have about 8 more minutes before someone is done with this little game.

Our new vegetable-
My oldest brother called me several weeks ago and introduced me to a new food.  Spaghetti Squash is my new favorite side.   They are at Publix in the pepper area and look like a mini yellow watermelon.  To fix, you just poke some holes in it, microwave for about 10 minutes, then throw it in a 375 degree oven for about an hour.  Cut it open, scoop out the seeds, then start peeling the meat out!  You will be shocked at how much it looks like spaghetti!  I usually take all the noodles/squash out, throw it in a casserole dish and throw olive oil, parmesan cheese, lemon pepper, and salt on it and pop it in the oven for a few more minutes.  It is delicious!  You can also serve just like spaghetti. The girls have no clue it isn't a starchy noodle, and they are getting a great veggie!  They are cheap, too.  I think on squash is like $1.20.  

Growing up-
I definitely see the girls growing every day.  It is so amazing to see them learning.  Of course Sophie at school this year has brought home many new tricks, good and bad, and it is interesting to see her write the new letter of the week, solve matching puzzles, and generally have such a "figure it out" attitude.  She also knows when I need help.  Lee has been gone some on the weekends lately and she lets me know she is my helper.  I see her clean her room, dress herself, and help with Harper.  Not always does this happen, but I will take what I get!  I have also started a jar for Lee with some of her funny remarks.  Sometimes they just come out of her mouth, and other times I ask a certain question to get her take on a situation.  He has his jar so anytime he has a bad day or needs something funny to think about, the jar is full of three-year old wisdom!
Of course Harper's age is a fun learning time.  We are learning our body parts and how to do a ton of motor skills.  She has mastered the climbing and running away motor skills, unfortunately.  She also loves to whistle, which I llovveee, and loves to color and glue things.  She becomes very proud of her artwork and wants it hung right by Sophie's.  I have a feeling she will do things much quicker than Sophie, but she definitely still loves to be cuddled.  As long as she does that, I am fine with the learning at a quicker pace!

Sewing
I have stepped up on my sewing.  Since right before Christmas I have been steadily doing shirts.  It has helped me improve a lot and inspired me to set up a shirt account with a company!  It is fun to place an order for the shirts I need rather than running to every Target and Walmart only to find they are out of what I need.   I am ready for Valentine's and Easter to be here so we can show off some of our shirts!


That is all for now.  Harper has abandoned Sophie and is now bringing me a doll to rock.  Time to start our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers