Monday, January 4, 2010

The Annual Resolution

Each year, about Dec 29, my husband and I are on the exact same page.  We look at each other, and both know it is coming.... the annual trip to the Home Depot. I promise you every year since we have dated, been engaged, or married we have decided about four days after Christmas THIS is THE year we get our house so organized that if we left today everyone could find anything they needed.  Seriously, every year.  This year was no different.  This year's victim was Harper's closet.  
For some reason she has been left out of the closet fixing antics since she was born.  Her closet held such important items as Rock Band, old clothes, picnic items, and other unchildlike items.  I am proud to say that after 4 days of trying, she now has shelves and cubes to store some of her new toys, shoes, and the blow up bed equipment, as her room doubles as our guest room until we have a bigger living situation.  

What does the rest of our house look like, you ask?  Well, that is the other part of our EVERY YEAR issue.  Because Harper's closet is so organized, I got the play room organized and have play stations for the girls to enjoy.  Because the play room was purged, Sophie's room now has new toys in her closet that she can enjoy during quiet time.  The living room? kitchen? our room?  Complete disasters....   maybe next year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers