Now that the girls are getting a little older and more able to fully tell us what they want for Christmas, it is usually easier to fulfill Santa's order. I take the girls around some during November, if they see a certain toy they have really been wanting we take a phone picture and text to Santa. There are always those surprise gifts that he brings, but they can send him one or two pictures to make sure they get what they really want for Christmas. This usually works, but Harper, once again, is making Santa work!
Last year she told everyone and every Santa we met she wanted a Leap Pad (easy enough) and a purple mirror. The purple mirror just about killed me. We had never seen a purple mirror in the store. She never saw one on TV. There were no catalogs with purple mirrors. She just thought it would be fun to have one. So, being a mommy who is going to milk the magic of Santa until the girls are 40, searched everywhere for a purple mirror. I even ordered two or three mirror craft sets, thinking they would suffice on Christmas morning. But finally, about three days before Christmas I happened to go in to Sally's Beauty Supply(probably the first time in 8 years I had been in one) and lo and behold, behind the checkout counter, I looked up while purchasing nail polish, and saw a purple mirror. She got her mirror and all was right with the world.
THIS year, she has asked for an electric guitar (very doable) and added a twist to her list. She has told Santa that she thinks a pony for dolls, like her Polly Pockets and Rapunzel, to ride on would be fun. We have toy horses, but that isn't what she wants. She says she thought of this pony one day and knows its perfect for Christmas. We have not been into one store that has a pony with the exact description that she has given us. So, if you see any ponies out there that can hold dolls on their backs, please help me out!
Friday, December 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Margie Walters
- I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment