My first fave day of the year is the day before Thanksgiving. I don't know why... I guess it is just the day before holiday season begins, it is usually cool, and we always have fun stuff to do, whether it be cook great food, prepare for family visits, or pack cute clothes to head to a feast. My second fave day of the year is Christmas Eve. It has always been the most exciting day, and has excelled in excitement with the addition of my own children and nieces and nephews having that Christmas spirit. I love candlelight services, I love driving an looking at decorations, and I love picking out cute PJs to have photo ops in the am.
But my THIRD fave day is the day before Market! My best childhood friend and I braved out four years ago to Market in Atlanta after we both found out we were having little girls a week apart. We knew then we had a tradition started. Since then our crowd has grown, with the addition of my sister, neighbor, and mutual friends. It is the one time a year all of us moms get to shop in THREE buildings 13 stories tall of great stuff, marked at wholesale prices. I don't carry any diapers, or fruit chews, or sippy cups. I carry water for me, a pack of gum, and I only go to the restroom if I have to go. We don't worry if we wait two hours to eat that someone will show out, and we definitely don't worry about bedtime or naps. It is an awesome experience for a mom to check out of that daily life and go wear yourself completely out somewhere other than the local YMCA pool.
I love my life, I love my little girls, I love my friends' kids, and I love my husband for giving the opportunity to play mommy all day long. But I think I love him JUST as much that he sends me away for two nights with some cash, credit card, and the promise to only call if needed!
And that is why I will toss and turn with excitement all night!
Oh you are sooo lucky!!! One day ... I am going to go to Market and have a blast! Enjoy it for me while you are there!! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteI thought about you and Lauren yesterday! I met you guys last year right after I got back from Market, remember?
ReplyDeleteI want to go! Enjoy your day off!
ReplyDelete