Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reality.....

As I put the girls to bed at 9:00 tonight, it hit me that reality is closing in so much faster than I want.  All summer we have played hard, napped hard, travelled, swam, and sucked out all of the fun we could on our first official summer.  With the Olympics ending tomorrow, so does the last free week of summer. Next week we meet our first grade teacher, celebrate a special 6 year olds birthday, throw a back to school lunch for teachers, and learn to wake up consistently at 6:30 again.  Ugh.

Today was an unseasonably cooler day, so we cleaned up our garden plots and planted some pumpkin seeds, spinach, and fall tomatoes.  I straightened the garage and got our shoe holders and closets ready for a new year of business( not really sure why the garage and closets must be clean before life gets busy, but they do, so I did it).

However, we won't lot our last week get us down.  We are getting ready for Sophie's ice cream birthday party.  The girls have one last sleepover planned, and I fully expect a few friends over to destroy the playroom one more morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers