This morning just really started for us, and it is already 9:05. SUCH a rarity around here.
Actually, the morning truly started around 3 am. To be brutally honest, the morning started at 11:36 pm. Our sweet little Camille is a night lover. She likes when it gets dark and quiet in our house so she can voice her opinion. And it finally settles down around 11:36 pm. Just when I am confident she may stay in her cradle for more than two hours, and I might get a good three hour stretch of sleep in.... then she starts her little grunts to let me know that is NOT going to happen. So, she started her little eating fest at 11:36, then again at 1:05, then again at 2:44. At 3:05 I decided she must get in her own little cradle, away from me so maybe she will stop gorging her belly and we might enjoy that precious three hour stretch of sleep. For one hour and seven minutes I tried my hardest to get her settled. I thought I had her down twice, until her familiar grunting started up again. At 4:11 Lee took her, swaddled her, and put her beside him to give us a little relief. At 4:44, she is back beside me, where she again grunted or ate until 7:11 am. Let's just say Camille likes to eat. At night. Lots.
Anyway, we have another set of girls who head down the stairs at 7:20, ready to start their day. Lee declared at one of the wake ups last night, I believe the 1 oclock one, that work would start whenever he got there, so all alarms are off. So he got the big girls a show on, and we hoped to have a few minutes of sleep left. Those girls cuddled on the couch until 8:15, when I started to hear packages being opened, meaning they were starving.
I made them cereal and put it on the table. Harper looks at me and said PLEASE put her bowl by Sophie, because she is her bestest friend EVER. And to save a spot for Camille, because when she can walk, she is her other bestest friend EVER. And me? I can hold Harper, because I am the bestest friend of all. Today won't be so tiresome after all!
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Margie Walters
- I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment