Wednesday, November 3, 2010

An early wake up call

Lee is out of town, and that usually means our schedules are out of whack. Add packing for a trip a day earlier than expected, cleaning the house so the people who have a contract on it (wwaaahhooo!) can come at 9 am to measure for furniture, handling a dog with a limp, finding ballet shoes, and anything else that comes about and our life is a little hectic.

At bedtime last night we couldn't find Harper's "Big One"- her favorite red paci that is bigger than all the rest. She only gets her pacis at sleeptime, so it is crucial she has her favorite one at bed time. However, big one was nowhere to be found. She reluctantly took her yellow tiger paci and went to bed with no problems, much to my relief. I cleaned and watched election results until I literally had my eyes shut, then vowed to get up early this morning to finish cleaning and packing before we leave this morning for our day.

I heard a little moan at 4:15 saying "oh, my paci, I need big one. Oh, paci". It wasn't really a cry, just a sad little voice. I got up to look one more time for big one, but no luck. I went into the girls room to get Harper before she woke up Sophie, and found THE sweetest thing. Sophie was rubbing Harper's head singing Hush Little Baby. It worked for a few minutes, until Harper saw me in the doorway. I found Yellow Tiger and brought her to my bed, where she grabbed my hand and made me rub her head like Sophie had been doing. This continued until 5:30 when my alarm went off and promptly had Harper sit up in bed and ask for cartoons.

By 10 this morning I am sure we will all be in terrible moods from the lack of sleep, but right now all three of us have been in helpful moods since EARLY today!

1 comment:

  1. Sophie's such a sweet big sister. I hope she and Harper are always that close.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two adorable girls, two un-adorable dogs, and a wonderful husband.

Followers