About an hour ago I said something to Sophie along the lines of "my sweet baby". She quickly corrected me that she was NOT a sweet baby. She was my big girl. I tried to explain that no matter how old she gets I will see that little baby I had in her eyes. That didn't fly with her.
Harper just came up to me with her paci in her mouth. She is two and definitely needs to lose the paci. We came very close about a month ago of not needing a paci at all. She developed a cold and the paci in her mouth helped with her breathing, so it became a MAJOR security blanket for her again. This week I have decided to severely limit that little paci, which has led to major breakdowns, fits, floor hugging, and all around misery for all involved. Just a minute ago she spotted a paci I didn't hide very well. She lit up and begged for it. I asked her if she she sleepy, and she knew if she said no she would not get the prized piece of plastic. I told her she was SUCH a big girl now with her little pull ups that she didn't need a paci all the time. She ripped off the pull up, brought me a diaper, and told me she was a baby again, then followed with a "wah wah" for good measure.
Too Cute!
ReplyDelete